Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thoughts on Power and Feebleness

This past weekend, I was with an entire group of people who are familiar with the writings of Abdu'l-Baha. As I waited for our meeting to begin, I reveiwed the papers in my folder. I found a statement made by Adu'l-Baha while he was traveling across Europe and North America. Here is the statement that I discovered:

"Look at me. I am so feeble, yet I have had the strength given me to come amongst you, a poor servant of God, who has been enabled to give you this message! I shall not be with you long! One must never consider one's own feebleness;...The thought of our own weakness could only bring despair. We must look higher than all earthly thoughts, detach ourselves from every material idea, crave for the things of the spirit, fix our eyes on the everlasting bountiful Mercy fo the Almighty, who will fill our souls with the gladness of joyful service to his command, 'Love one Another.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment