Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Thoughts on a Deliberate Message

I have been looking at how the main character in my anthology story, Abdu'l-Baha would have answered certain questions. I am nearing the end of that list of questions. I find this next question hard to answer.

I am supposed to consider whether or not my main character is a deliberate speaker. I know that Abdu'l-Baha had pointed answers for the reporters who asked him why he had come to this country. He also made clear the sort of requests that he felt should be included in a prayer.

Here is a prayer of his that I received from a friend yesterday. It was suggested as a prayer for those Baha'is that are imprisoned in Iran:

"Alas! Alas! And again alas! Our hearts are burning! Our breasts are filled with sorrow and grief! The cry of lamentation is raised high and the shriek of mourning heard in all directions!..." Abdu’l-Baha’

I leave to my readers the job of deciding whether of not Abdu'l-Baha was a deliberate speaker.

Sue Chehrenegar

No comments:

Post a Comment