Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thoughts on the Focus of My Character

Abdu'l-Baha, the main character in my anthology story does not focus on the past, although he does refer in his talks to past events. He does not focus on the present, although he is eager to hear what is happening in the here and now. Abdu'l-Baha was concerned about what would take place in the future. He wanted to help society move in the right direction.

The things he uttered almost 100 years ago have great relevance today. His actions as well can serve as a helpful guide. In fact, I pointed to those actions this past week, when I responded to a request from CNN. They wanted viewers to state what they thought should be discussed in a national conversation about race relations. I made reference to the attitude taken by Abdu'l-Baha, whenever he tackled that topic.


Sue Chehrenegar

No comments:

Post a Comment